I hate it when a good book gets turned into a stupid film. But Coppola was the one who filmed 'The Outsiders,' my favorite novel from ages 10 through 14 (along with 'Flowers For Algernon'-- remember that one?) and he didn't screw that one up too bad. The book was still better, but the film didn't totally suck.
Here's who I think Coppola should cast:
- Sal Paradise (Kerouac): Rob Lowe (I happen to think Rob Lowe's an underrated actor).
- Dean Moriarty (Cassady): Woody Harrelson (a little too old, but there's a physical resemblance to Cassady).
- Marylou: I dunno, maybe that girl in the Aerosmith videos. Has to be somebody who looks kinda dumb.
- Ed Dunkel: Nicholas Cage.
- Old Bull Lee (Burroughs): I dunno, maybe Hunter S. Thompson would do a cameo. Wouldn't that be cool?
- Carlo Marx (Ginsberg): There's a guy in 'Kids in the Hall' who kinda looks like Ginsberg.
- Camille (Carolyn Cassady): Bridget Fonda.
- Terry (the Mexican Girl): Maybe Sofia Coppola? I liked her in Godfather Part III.