Yeah, the server crashed and we were down for two days. I don't want to talk about it.
Here are some links I've been saving up ...
1. How would Joseph Heller, author of Catch-22
, vote today? His daughter Erica Heller tells us her guess
2. Sean Quinn of FiveThirtyEight.com sneaks in a neat On The Road
3. A new device, the Pony E-Reader
, via Ed
4. Dancing, dancing with Mr. K.
5. Keyboardist Merl Saunders, who distinguished himself as a member of the Jerry Garcia Band, has died
6. Speaking of keyboardists, did you think the recent death of Pink Floyd's sublime Rick Wright got lost in the shuffle? Here's a well-deserved appreciation by Sean Murphy
7. Eminem has written a book
8. They didn't win the World Series, but Tampa Bay Rays outfielder Fernando Perez can enjoy the best consolation: literature
9. Carolyn Kellogg catches a grammar error
in the New York Times. They're probably short on copy editors
10. Don't forget, November 4 is Cooping Day